- The commencement of Andhra Pradesh Municipal elections 2021 shall be processed from 10th of March as per the announcements made by the State Election Commissioner Nimmagadda Ramesh Kumar today on 15th February, 2021 (Monday).
- The SEC upon the declaration released the official schedule which notifies the list of dates as well as timings that needs to be followed by each of the candidates and related individuals. To this, the SEC added that this election is a continuation from the exact date of the AP municipal elections supposed to be held last year.
- Last year in 2020, the ‘Scrutiny of Nominations’ interrupted by the official announcement of the spread of Coronavirus in Andhra Pradesh. This is the stage of the election process where the nominations have been filed for beginning the event.
- The stage of Nomination was completed by 14th of March the previous year but had the election process was necessary to stop 15th of March 2020 for a period of six continuous weeks. There was an issue for the further orders that it shall be commenced/continued on 6th of May, 2020 but postponements continued due to the severe pandemic threat pausing the event until any further orders.
- Now that today is the same date 15th of February, the notifications for the election exactly were announced on the same day particularly.
- The last date for filing nominations is March 3, 2021 and candidates have to submit their papers before 3:00 PM.
- There are namely 12 Municipal Corporations following 75 Municipal and Urban panchayats (Local Bodies) with the territories of the state Andhra Pradesh.
- Re-elections will be held on March 13 in places where re-elections are deemed necessary. The counting of votes will be conducted on March 14 following the declaration of the results.
- With the Panchayat elections procedure completed by February 2nd the elections for the Urban Local Bodies and Municipalities will commence on March 10. The State government recently asked the State Election Commission to hold simultaneous elections for the remaining municipalities, MPTC and ZPTC posts.The Chief Secretary has appointed MM Nayak as the Municipal Commissioner for the upcoming Municipal Elections.
- With the issue of Notifications, the Model Code of Conduct has come into force in the urban areas of the entire State with effect from 15 February onwards until the final completion of the election process.
- Tirupathi, Kadapa, Kurnool, Anantapur, Greater Visakha, Vizaianagaram, Eluru, Chhitoor, Ongole, Vijayawada, Machilipatnam and Guntur are the corporations that will be going for the polling while Nellore, Rajahmundry corporation elections are upheld due to court cases.
- A total of 671 divisions are listed in these 12 corporations and based on last year’s notification 6563 people have filed the nominations.
- Coming to the municipalities, in total there are 75 municipalities, out of which 2123 are the wards and 12,086 people having been filed the nominations.
|Event||Dates and Days||Timings|
|Withdrawal of Candidature (start date)||02 March, 2021 (Tuesday)||11:00 AM to 3:00 PM|
|Withdrawal of Candidature (last date)||03 March 2021 (Wednesday)||(Not later than 3:00 PM)|
|Date of Publication of List of Contesting Candidates||03 March 2021 (Wednesday)||(After 3:00 PM)|
|Polling||10 March 2021 (Wednesday)||(From 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM)|
|Re-polling date (if required)||13 March 2021 (Saturday)||(From 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM)|
|Date of Counting/ declaration of results||14 March 2021 (Sunday)||(From 8:00 AM onwards)|
List of Municipalities and Municipalities/ Nagar Panchayats in Andhra Pradesh
Municipal Corporations (12):
|Sl. No.||Name of the District||Name of the Municipal Corporation|
Municipalities/ Nagar Panchayats (75):
|Name of the district||Sl. No.||Name of the Municipality/ Nagar Panchayat|