- Andhra Pradesh Municipal Election Results for the year 2021 is been declared favouring YSRCP from Tirupati, and Chittoor. This victory led the winning yet ruling party of YSRCP to go one more step closer to winning the upcoming local body election.
- The result officially was announced yesterday on 14th of February, 2021.
- Jagan Mohan Reddy, the present sitting CM of Andhra Pradesh, is the chief of YSR Congress Party led the victory thrashing off the main opposition party, TDP (Telugu Desham party) literally in 75 municipalities and 11 municipal corporations.
- On the formal announcement of YSRC party, people cheered up for the CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy proclaiming that he is the man of culture who “lives up to his promises” implementing the last 22 months successfully on a proper welfare agenda. The ruling party also claimed the verdict was an endorsement of the government’s decision to have three different capitals for the state.
- Voting for these municipal corporations and Nagar Panchayats in Andhra Pradesh was concluded on Wednesday, 10th of March, 2021.
- Ongolewas recorded the highest voter turnout of 75.52 per cent whereas Kurnool had the lowest record of 49.26 per cent. The average polling recorded in the state was 63.89 per cent.
- The YSRC’s victory on 34 seats includes Pulivendula (chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s home constituency), Punganuru, Piduguralla, and Macherla municipalities where the candidates had already won ‘unopposed’.The ruling party also won in Anantapur, Kadapa, Kurnool, Chittoor, Tirupati, Ongole, Guntur, Vijayawada, and Vishakhapatnam corporations.
- Elections were held for 12 corporations and counting is pending in Eluru corporation due to High Court orders. Though TDP has won 12 wards and YSRCP won 11 wards in Mydukur municipality, YSRCP candidate will become Chairperson with Ex Officio Votes.
|Municipalities/ NGR Panchayats||12||0||0||54||3||0|
|Mar 14, 2021||14:58 (IST)||A landslide victory was observed in the YSRC party in the urban body election, by thrashing off TDP and winning 74 out of 75 municipalities.|
|Mar 14, 2021||14:22 (IST)||CM YS Reddy’s government was reportedly facing its first test of governance in these polls, held amid a strong attack by a combined opposition which has accused it of resorting to high-handedness and abuse of state machinery, particularly the police, in a bid to grab the civic bodies.|
|Mar 14, 2021||12:10 (IST)||A total of 27,29,072 votes were cast for 533 division members in 11 municipal corporations.|
|Mar 14, 2021||11:57 (IST)||Over 65 per cent of polling was reported in the elections on Wednesday, according to a PTI report based on poll panel sources.|
|Mar 14, 2021||11:27 (IST)||The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) dropped down itself to the second category whereas there was complete nil phase with the INC and BJP parties around 10.30 am.|
|Mar 14, 2021||11:07 (IST)||The ruling party, YSRC is leading in eight municipal corporations and is ahead in 61 of the municipalities and nagar panchayats when the time for the result announcement seemed to grow closer.|
|Mar 14, 2021||10:51 (IST)||The ruling party, YSRC is leading in eight municipal corporations and is ahead in 54 of the municipalities and nagar panchayats when the time for the result announcement seemed to grow closer.|
|Mar 14, 2021||10:50 (IST)||12 corporations and 75 municipalities and nagar panchayats went to polls on March 10.|
|Mar 14, 2021||10:25 (IST)||In 90 of the 671 divisions in the 12 corporations, candidates had won without contest. In the 75 municipalities and nagar panchayats, up to 490 wards had chosen members unanimously.|
|Mar 14, 2021||10:24 (IST)||Early trends in the counting of votes today showed the YS Jagan Mohan Reddy-led YSR Congress set for a landslide victory in the Andhra Pradesh local body polls held on Wednesday.|