- After the Andhra Pradesh High Court division bench allowed the appeal petition to move SEC for conducting elections to the Grama Panchayats, the hint to begin the first phase has already taken a shape in the form of the nomination process from Friday, 1st of February, 2021.
- Filing of nominations for the panchayat polls in 12 districts of Andhra Pradesh concluded on Sunday on 31st January, 2021. A large number of contestants filed the nomination papers on the last day. The State Election Commission is conducting the panchayat polls in four phases.
- The first phase of polls will be held on February 9. Stage-1 Returning officers have been appointed to the smaller panchayats by the Collectors.
- According to the poll notification schedule issued by the State Election Commission (SEC) on January 23, the Local Body Elections is scheduled to be held in four phases on February 9, 13, 17, and 21.
- The panchayat elections will be held in 2,883 village panchayats. The Election Commission has deferred the first phase of polling in Vizianagaram district. So, the elections will be held in only 12 districts.By the end of the second day on Saturday, 8,773 candidates had filed nominations for the posts of sarpanches and 25,529 candidates filed nominations for the posts of ward members.
- On the other hand, arrangements are underway for the polls in the following number of villages panchayats:
- 239 village panchayats in West Godavari
- 234 panchayats in Krishna district
- 337 panchayats in Guntur district
- 229 panchayats in Prakasam district
- 163 panchayats in Nellore district
- 193 panchayats in Kurnool district
- 454 panchayats in Chittoor district
- 206 panchayats in Kadapa district
- 169 panchayats in Anantapur district
- 340 panchayats in Visakhapatnam district
- 319 panchayats in Srikakulam district.
- On February 1, the scrutiny of nominations was held following the appeal against the rejection of nomination before the appellate authority was supposedly held yesterday on February 2. These disposal of appeals by appellate authority was carried out today on February 3 and concluding with the withdrawal of nominations tomorrow on February 4, 2021.
- The final list for the contesting candidates shall be published on February 4 after 3 pm. Polling will be held on February 9 from 6.30 am to 3.30 pm. Counting of votes and declaration of the results the same day February 9 from 4 pm onwards. Election of deputy sarpanch will take place on February 9 after declaration of results.
- Though the panchayat elections are conducted in a political manner, the impact of political parties is clearly visible. The influence of political parties was very high in many parts of the State as the local leaders were trying for unanimous elections. The candidates have very limited time for the campaign. The YSRCP and TDP are extending support to their respective candidates. The BJP and Jana Sena have formed an alliance and decided to work together to win the polls.
- Meanwhile elections will be conducted division- wise in four phases in Vizianagaram, Prakasam and West Godavari districts.
- The first installment shall be carried out in villages those fall under Narasapuram Revenue Division within the West Godavari district.
- Kovvur in the second installment, Jangareddygudem in the third installment and Eluru Revenue Division in the fourth installment. Parvatipuram in the second installment and Vizianagaram Revenue Division in the 3rd and 4th installments.
- Elections will be conducted in Ongole in the first installment, Kandukur, in the second installment in Prakasam district.
|DISTRICTS||PANCHAYATS||NO. OF WARDS|
Second Phase of AP Panchayat Elections 2021:
Third Phase of AP Panchayat Elections 2021:
Fourth Phase of AP Panchayat Elections 2021: