- The Puducherry Legislative Assembly Elections 2021 is going to conduct its polling tomorrow on 6th April, Tuesday within just a single phase similar to the event of 2016.
- The voting will start at 7 am and will end at 6 pm on April 6.
- Puducherry is an Indian Union Territory and its election is going to be conducted for all the 4 districts of Puducherry following its 30 assembly constituencies and reserving five of them.
- The counting of the votes will be done on Sunday, May 2, 2021 following the declaration of the result on the same date evening.
- In Puducherry, there are 4,72,650 male voters, 5,31,431 female voters and 116 third-gender voters. In all, there are 10,04,197 electors eligible to vote.
- The highest number of voters are present in the Villianur (42,329 voters), Ozhukarai(41,890) and Ariyankuppam(39,001) constituencies, whereas the least number of voters are present in Orleanpet (24,723), Raj Bhavan (26,349) and Uppalam (27,913) constituencies.
- The constituency of Yanamregion is contested by the AINRC leader N Rangasamy. He is also seeking election from Thattanchavady in Puducherry.
- Congress state chief A V Subramanian will contest from his home town of Karaikal (north).
- The AIADMK leaders A Anbalagan and Om Sakthi Segar are trying their luck in Uppalam and Orleanpet segments respectively. Anbalagan is the sitting MLA and has been holding the Uppalam constituency since 2001. Om Sakthi Segar, who won twice from the Nellithope, has now moved to Orleanth.
- Former Ministers, M O H F Shah Jahan, M Kandasamy, and R Kamalakannan are contesting from Kamaraj Nagar, Embalam (reserved) and Tirunallar, respectively.
- After Yanam, Mannadipet is another important segment as the previous PWD Minister ANamassivayam is contesting on BJP ticket. He had earlier contested polls from his hometown Villianoor.
- As far as the 2016 assembly election of Puducherry is considered, it was held on May 16, 2016 with 30 constituencies. VeluNarayanasamywon the 2016 election with INC as his representative party and became the 10th Chief Minister in the Indian union territory Puducherry serving from 2016 to 2021.
- This time there is a severe expectancy that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) may form the government by winning 17-21 seats out of the 30-member Assembly because Congress seemed to earn only 12 seats.
Date and Schedule:
|Events||Single Phase (All 30 Assembly Constituencies)|
|Date of Issue of Notification||12.03.2021 (Friday)|
|Last date of making nomination||19.03.2021 (Friday)|
|Date of Scrutiny||20.03.2021 (Saturday)|
|Last date of withdrawal||22.03.2021 (Monday)|
|Date of Poll||06.04.2021 (Tuesday)|
|Date of Counting||02.05.2021 (Sunday)|
|Date of completion||04.05.2021 (Tuesday)|
|SL. No.||Constituency Name||Region||District||Polling Phase|
|Neravy TR Pattinam||Karaikal||Karaikal||1|